I studied Mathematics at Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan. I earned a PhD from Université Pierre et Marie Curie ( UPMC - Paris 6 ), where I studied with Bruno Després at Laboratoire Jacques-Louis Lions.
I am currently a Courant Instructor at the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
Waves in Plasmas seminar
I organize this semester (spring'15) together with Jacob Bedrossian a seminar on waves in plasmas. Find all you nned to know about in the WiPs tab.
- Efficient and Accurate Solution Techniques for Variable Coefficient Elliptic Partial Differential Equations, SIAM conference on CSE, March 14-18, 2015. Co-organizer: Adrianna Gillman.
- Waves and Plasmas, International Conference on Mathematical and Numerical Aspects of Wave Propagation, July 20-24, 2015. Co-organizer: Bruno Després.
In a broad sense I am interested in the propagation of time-harmonic waves in plasmas. More specifically, my work includes:
- Development and analysis of a high order Discontinuous Galerkin method, based on generalized plane waves adapted to smooth coefficients. Simulation of plasma cut-offs.
- Theoretical analysis of singular integral equation modeling a plasma resonance in the cold plasma model.
- Fast solver for the Helmholtz equation with varying coefficients.
- Asymptotic behavior of a wave in the mode conversion region. Simulation of mode conversion.